XRNS ListVST 1.31
Programmed by Alexander Stoica 2006 - 2008
Use firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback or bug reports.
What is it?
XRNS ListVST is a small tool which displays various information about Renoise
songs, and helps maintain your VST plugin collection. Some usage examples might be:
- find plugins on your disk which you don't use so you can uninstall or delete them
- check for missing plugins in a song and Google for them with a simple double click
- quickly check required plugins for a song, useful for collaborations
- easily find songs with a certain speed and tempo
How does it work?
When opening songs, the program keeps track of a collected plugins
list, this list will be checked against a list of your installed
plugins. For this to work, you'll need to configure your plugin folders
in the configuration dialog. The program doesn't scan automatically if
something in the configured plugin folders has changed, so make sure to rescan
whenever you install or uninstall a new plugin.
If a missing plugin was found, it will be added to the "Show missing
plugins" tab, one can doubleclick an entry in that list, to open the
standard webbrowser and start a google search using the plugin name as
keyword. You also have the possibility to check the "Show unused
plugins" tab for any plugins you might want to delete. Doubleclicking
an entry in that list will open an explorer window with the containing
folder, so one can easily uninstall or delete the plugin.
Any errors which might occur during file scanning will be reported on the
"Show errors" tab.
In case one wants to clear all the lists and start fresh, one can
rightclick in any of the lists and choose the "Reset" command. When you have
finished building a list of songs with XRNS ListVST, you have the possibility to
export all the information gathered by the tool to a summary text file.
/p: folder to scan
/f: files to search
/s+ /s- enable/disable scanning of subfolders, otherwise uses value selected in the configuration dialog
/e: path to file, for exporting
/o overwrite existing export file, will ask otherwise, works only with /e:
/q quit program after scan, works only with /e:
xrns-listvst.exe /p:e:\test /f:*.rns;*.xrns /e:e:\test.txt /o /q
Thanks and Credits
Pelle Orinius for his patience answering my questions and his excellent C programming IDE and compiler.
Taktik of the Renoise team for tips and the RNS file support.
Vincent Fugère for the really nice banner graphic used in this program.
Miz for proof reading this document.
Version 1.31 (08/18/2008)
Version 1.3 (08/06/2008)
- Changed: XRNS-ListVST is placed into public domain, no code changes except some copyright messages were adjusted
Version 1.21 (07/20/2008)
- Added: now displays version number of a vst plugin, if available (delete the xrns-listvst.cfg file and rescan your vst folder)
- Fixed: various minor bugfixes
Version 1.2 (07/20/2008)
- Fixed: broken vst plugin recognition
Version 1.1 (01/10/2007)
- Added: drag and drop support for folders
- Added: ladspa plugin recognition
- Fixed: memory leak, when opening of multiple files failed
- Fixed: program was accepting any xml file as song
Version 1.01 (12/31/2006)
- Added: parsing of instruments (only *.xrni)
- Added: drag and drop support
- Added: warning, when no plugin folders were configured
- Added: detection of standard vst folder
Version 1.0 (12/22/2006)
- Fixed: xml parsing sometimes missed some plugins
- Fixed: added workaround to properly recognize Waves plugins
The sourcecode of this application was placed into the Public Domain on 08/18/08.
The licenses for the used libraries Expat, Scew and LiteZIP are not affected by this and stay as is.